WINTER SUN HOLIDAYS IN ALGARVE, PORTUGAL
With more than 3000 hours of sunshine per year, Algarve rises up to be one of the best winter sun holiday destinations in Europe that provides you with a complete offer that goes far beyond sandy beaches and tasteful cuisine.
Easily reachable from the main European capitals, Faro airport is within a 2 ½ hour-flight time, being a hassle-free journey until you reach the sun-soaked Algarve that will welcome you with a mild winter, with still warm temperatures especially inviting for exploring and relaxing.
Here at Cascade Wellness Resort, you will find a wide range of 5-star luxury accommodation (rooms, suites and apartments), sports facilities and strong destination knowledge, aimed at providing you with an exquisite winter break retreat.
What to do and see during your winter holidays
Wintertime is the perfect season for exploring the less known Algarve that goes beyond the golden cliffs and worldwide renowned beaches. Due to its mild climate even on the winter period, the destination’s richness in the leisure area, sports and relaxation is a fact.
WELLNESS & FITNESS
Perfectly framed in an idyllic landscape with sea and nature scenery and a few minute-drive to the center of the picturesque city of Lagos, Cascade Wellness Resort is an oasis of tranquility and well-being, ready to welcome you on a Wellness journey during your holiday. Our suggestions:
- Hiking or biking in one of the several routes at your disposal;
- Work-out session combining leisure with fitness through daily use of our gym equipped with Technogym machines. Cascade Wellness Resort provides you the perfect setting for your morning run;
- Take a Physio-pilates, Functional Training or the more intensive Bootcamp class;
- Fully indulge your senses by taking a Yoga class or a Meditation session, using the cliff top as your inspirational background;
- Ensure a healthy and balanced diet while on holiday, having at your disposal a nutritionist to help you design a balanced meal plan, while enjoying the available Wellness options and detox juices at Senses Restaurant. Vegetarian and gluten-free requirements can be also tackled;
- Improve your quality of sleep, by taking advantage of Cascade Wellness Resort privileged location, together with the pillow menu and pillow-top mattress aimed at suiting the comfort that best fits your needs;
- Explore the region and its landscape: hike across Costa Vicentina Natural Park or through the Serra de Monchique; take a stroll through Via Algarviana, revealing hidden beaches, river channels and secondary roads, comprising the perfect conditions for bird-watching;
- See Algarve from the sea, by taking a boat trip or exploring the worldwide famous caves and other natural wonders that make the region a must-go destination.
Cascade Wellness Resort holds the perfect atmosphere and conditions to add some golf to your holidays, blending stunning seascapes and Europe’s finest golf instruction, alongside with cutting-edge golf technology.
Elite Golf Academy at Cascade Resort provides you with luxury facilities such as a 340-metre long double-ended driving range with practice surfaces, and various putting and short game training areas created by European Golf Design.
The golf offer includes:
- 340-metre long double-ended driving range
- Practice surface greens each with the dedicated purpose of Putting and Chipping
- Private lessons
- Weekly group and junior (up to 16 years-old) lessons
- Ladies skills clinics
- Customized coaching programs
- Club fitting service
- Video Swing Analysis
- Highly experienced PGA Pro instructors at your disposal on a daily basis to analyze, create and implement a customized coaching program especially adapted to your condition, where different parameters will be scrutinized, ranging from the game swing, to the golf club that will best suit your game
In addition to the training facilities, we have special agreements with some of the best golf courses in Algarve, where you can benefit from exclusive conditions, mixing training and game. See more information about golf courses in Algarve please see the golf courses in the Algarve .
If tennis is your passion, the two tennis courts of the resort will allow you to challenge your friends to a free spirited game or even to practice for your next tennis tournament while you are away from home. In partnership with Elite Sports Algarve, you will be able to book private lessons or take part in a group class.
Wine tasting and visits to producers and winemakers
Portugal is a wine country and apart from Douro and Alentejo regions, Algarve is also starting to obtain exposure and awards for its recent-developed wineries. Scattered throughout the region is now possible to visit up to 30 different winemakers who produce not only international renowned quality wines but also give a deeper insight into the winemaking process and harvest.
Local Food Experience with the Chef
Follow Chef Diogo Pereira in a journey through the colours and flavours available at the Lagos Market in search for the freshest local ingredients, necessary for preparing typical Algarvian delicacies. Learn our Chef's hints and tricks throughout an exceptional show cooking, followed by a unique lunch, which is certainly an experience you would not want to miss. This experience takes place every Friday at 10 am and must be booked in advance.
Exquisite Dining Experience at Senses Restaurant
With the signature of our Executive-Chef Diogo Pereira, Senses restaurant reflects the magic of the local scents, colours and textures. Overlooking the Atlantic ocean, this restaurant comprises among a comprehensive a-la-carte menu, a daily Chef’s suggestion designed to allow you to sample several dishes, making it the perfect ambiance to appreciate long and tasteful dinner experiences, to be shared with family or friends.
Experience the local cuisine
The uniqueness and richness of Portuguese cuisine relies not only in its worldwide renowned quality, but also in its variety. With an astonishing gastronomic offer, from north to south, the typical dishes differ greatly. In Algarve region, you will be invited to try the traditional Cataplana, seafood stew, or several seafood snacks. The traditional pastry offer is also worth trying and is largely based on local fruits such as figs, almond and carob.
Throughout the whole Algarve you will be able to try these delights in several high quality restaurants. Lagos, Vila do Bispo and Sagres hold widely distinguished top spots that you should visit for sampling these gastronomic pleasures and our Guest Relations team will be glad to share helpful recommendations with you.
Exploring the cultural legacy - Daytrips
Ranging from picturesque seafront villages such as Sagres, Burgau, Alvor and Ferragudo to larger towns such as Tavira and Olhão, Algarve offers you a wide selection of interesting and off-the-beaten track spots that are worth a visit. The green countryside is also a must-see, especially Serra de Monchique, where trekking and guided tours are available. Fisheries and canned-tuna industry were once the main economic sectors in Algarve, before tourism took their place and are still very present in the region, through specialized restaurants and museums.
Despite being regarded as a sun-and-beach destination, Algarve holds a strong historical track, based largely in former Moorish and Arab occupations. Throughout the whole region it is possible to visit monuments and historical places that relate to the Moorish influence. We suggest you to take day trips to Aljezur, Sagres, Silves, Tavira and Castro Marim to immerse into the historic Algarve.
For more information about these experiences, please contact our Guest Relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org or through +351 282 771 500.
Starting from stays of 22 consecutive nights, we have a special offer at your disposal, so you can fully immerse in the beauty and calm of Algarve winter season. You can enjoy luxury accommodation in a fully furnished apartments, with an equipped kitchen one or more terraces.
BOOKING YOUR WINTER SUN HOLIDAY
Prices from € 134 per night
Valid for stays between 15th and 28th March 2018.
Luxury Fitness Holidays
Combine luxury accommodation with fitness programs:
Prices per package.
Practice your game in some of the best golf courses in the Algarve:
Golf Package - 3 nights, 2 rounds - from € 244 per night
Golf Package - 5 nights 3 rounds - from € 277 per night
From 22 consecutive nights:
Prices per night/apartment, valid for booking with 7 days in advance.
Valid between 15th and 28th March 2018.
For more information, please contact our reservations department at email@example.com
Tel. +351 282 771 500.